Friday, March 16, 2012

Rowena Raven: Chapter Two. "Slide."


 I woke up on the sandy beach of somewhere in the middle of the day. My head was pounding so hard that it all felt utterly surreal.


 I steeled myself over and looked forward, to a bunch of people standing in front of me. They seemed completely unrelated, strangers.


 When I guess I'd been staring long enough, they all turned and looked at me. It was a little jolting and suddenly the cool sea breeze felt very hot on my back.


 They all looked at me as I walked past. Some were nonchalant.


 Others seemed disgusted or unhappy. It was like they saw right through me.


 But when I saw her, they all ran away at the same time. It was all very unsettling.


 I couldn't tell what she was thinking standing so far away, but I didn't decide to walk towards her either; it just happened.


 She looked just as greasy as I remembered her, except for the dress. It was odd.



I remember walking up to her and being awkward and saying something like "..Hey." and I remembered that she turned and looked at me and that we talked, only it seemed garbled and like pure untranslated thoughts. Completely raw and incomprehensible.


It rapidly became darker.


Suddenly she became more cheerful, laughed, and smiled when she talked to me. It was very out of character. I just stood there awkwardly and itched at the skin on the inside of my elbow, trying to swallow my tongue.



and then she hugged me, and told me "slide." And it all faded back into black.

BACK

No comments:

Post a Comment